BSc. General Nursing
Bachelor of Science General Nursing offered by KAAF University College, help students to acquire, theoretical as well as practical knowledge, regarding the diverse aspects of nursing and nursing practice. Our program of study includes both theoretical learning and practical training sessions. Our experienced teaching faculty emphasizes the enhancement of advanced clinical skills as well as essential nursing skills. Thus our program of study will prepare the students for a professional career in nursing.
The aim of the BSc. Degree Programme in Nursing is to provide students with a deep understanding of the theories, concepts, and ideas that constitutes the practice of Nursing and to train them to be excellent professionals in the Health sector.
- Educate nurses who will offer excellent, selfless and holistic nursing care to individuals, family and communities
- Develop the capability of students through research and training to contribute meaningfully to nursing, nationally and internationally and be able to meet global challenges.
- Provide direction for teaching and learning to maintain a professional standard
- Collaborate with agencies and other health institutions in offering holistic training of nurses
- Train nurses highly disciplined and competent in the provision of health care that eliminate malpractices in the delivery of health care.
- Develop high calibre of assertive and culturally competent nurses
Opportunities related to this program include:
Promotion to a higher grade especially in the Government Sector.
Educators in Public and Private Sectors.
YEAR ONE, SEMESTER ONE
YEAR ONE, SEMESTER TWO
YEAR TWO, SEMESTER ONE
YEAR TWO, SEMESTER TWO
YEAR THREE, SEMESTER ONE
YEAR THREE, SEMESTER TWO
YEAR FOUR, SEMESTER ONE
YEAR FOUR (LEVEL 400) -SEMESTER TWO
i. WASSCE / SSCE: Six (6) credit passes (A1 – C6) including English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and any three (3) relevant elective subject in General Science. General Arts or Home Economics with an overall aggregate of 36 or better.
ii. Diploma Holders in Nursing, Midwifery, Community Health Nursing from a recognized institution plus licensure examinations of the admitted to the third year.
A six (6) weeks Access Course to the BSc. Nursing or Midwifery Council or Community Health Nursing Programme Requirments: Holders of NAC/HAC/NAP/CHNC Certificates from the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Enrolled Nurses: can gain admission to the six-week ACCESS programme.
- Regular (day)